NS2 Java Software Support Engineer-SuccessFactors Job
Location: Herndon, VA, US
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
The SAP NS2 Secure Cloud Support organization is seeking an experienced Java software support engineer for the SuccessFactors suite of products.
As Java Software Support Engineer at SAP NS2, you have ongoing responsibility of resolving the most challenging, critical, technical issues. At SAP NS2, this is a highly valued role because you will be the “top level” Software Support Engineer to ensure customers are successful. The role requires substantial software development and diagnostic skills as well as strong customer relationship and communication skills.
You will work closely with high value customers in the Federal, Defense, Intelligence, and Finance community to maintain fully-functional, high-performing production environments. This includes leading scheduled calls with customers as well as responding to critical issues as they arise. You will be the technical bridge to other internal organizations, and work alongside the Development team to address code issue, Cloud Operations team to address complex environment issues, etc.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Senior Java Software Support Engineer, you are required to have substantial understanding of the enterprise software development life cycle as well as hands-on programming and diagnostic skills. You will perform detailed analysis on customer issues to determine root causes and propose solutions. You must have strong ability to work independently on complex issues, and to collaborate efficiently with internal experts to resolve customer issues quickly.
- Hands on Java/J2EE programming and diagnostic experience;
- In-depth code level debugging experience;
- Configuration and support of enterprise software applications;
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, including the ability to write complex SQL queries;
- Knowledge of application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss, and Websphere; and
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix server operating systems.
- 2+ years of installing, administering and troubleshooting enterprise level applications; or Master’s degree as stated in Education requirement.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer.