NS2 Customer Support Specialist
Location: Rockville, MD, US
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
The Service Desk Associate’s primary function is to provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner, 24 x 7 x 365. You will be considered as SAPNS2’s front liner and you will solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. Support includes site navigation and system troubleshooting whilst interfacing with other support groups, Operations and Development. The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by SAPNS2.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Provide inbound and outbound (phone, email, web) support and resolution to customers;
- Support includes open customer incident and service request tickets in the Support ticketing system, liaising between customer, support groups and Operations/Development, track, route and redirect problems to correct resources;
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support; if a high-priority issue opens an investigative ticket whilst collecting all necessary debugging information;
- Walk customers through problem solving process; research incident using available knowledge base. Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure by documenting all correspondence with customer and cloud operations group in incidents to enable record tracking and always set status of incident in ticketing system;
- Follow-up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution;
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations;
- Preserve and grow knowledge of service desk procedures, products, services and create knowledge base system;
- Obtain detailed and accurate information relating to the business impact of customer’s technical issues utilizing effective questioning techniques to enable incident/service ticket creation with correct priority;
- Support customers with functional questions displaying exceptional customer service knowledge and oral/ written communication skills;
- Exhibit strong diagnosing and troubleshooting skills whilst resolving customer issues; and
- Seek out opportunities to add value to customers during all interactions, JAVA, SQL, Database and SuccessFactors knowledge are a plus.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Information systems is preferred.
- Technical degree or technical troubleshooting experience required.
- HCM (Human Capital Management) business processes and HRIS knowledge will also be beneficial.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer.